Monday, November 26, 2007

Drunk

It was three o'clock in morning when the desk clerk got the call. "Wad time duz the bar open?" gurgled the inebriate.
"Nine o'clock," said the clerk and hang up.
It was no more than ten minutes later that the phone rang again. And again the same voice staggered across the wire; "Wad time duz the bar open?"
I told you --- nine o'clock!" and again he hang up. now another ten minutes passed, and the phone rang. But this time our desk clerk was a little annoyed. "for the last time, I'm telling you-- the bar opens at nine o'clock and not one minutes before. I don't care how often you call--you're not getting in one minutes before."
" But you don't understand," the drunk cried. "I'm locked in---I want to get out!"

KEY: Bars.

VISUAL: A drunk standing at a closed door, with phone in hand, to trying to get out.

PUNCH: "I'm locked in-- i want to get out."

TELLING HINT: Use a drunk's gurgling voice. You can extend the telling time by adding to the number of times the drunks calls the desk clerk.

No comments: